The Main Library Children’s Department in Bryan will hold a sign up for summer reading May 30 through June 03. Stories, games, activities, music and special visitors will all be included in this summer’s fun. Fun prizes will be given out at programs, while supplies last. Weekly programs will be held throughout summer reading.
Tuesdays will have themed story times at 11:00 am and 6:30 pm that will be geared to ages 0-6 years old, however all ages are welcome to participate.
Wednesdays “Let’s Move,” which includes fun activities with music and rhythm at 11:00 am.
Thursdays at 4:00 pm Lego Club will be held.
Fridays, beginning on June 10, will be “Story Time in the Park” at 10:00 am. June 10 story time will be at the Hitt Park. Mattie Marsh Park will be the location for June 17. Enjoy story time at Garver Park on June 24. And July 08, 15, and 22 will bring story times to Moore Park, East End Park, and Roseland Park respectively.
- Get active with Zumba Kids, instructed by Courtney Powell. A six week session will be held on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm for ages 5 through 12 on June 08, 15, 22, 26 and July 13 and 20. Ages 2 through 4 will meet on Thursdays at 11:00 am on June 09, 16, 30, and July 14 and 21. Register for Wednesday or Thursday sessions at the library. Cost is $20 to attend for the six week program.
- A “Nutrition Bootcamp” held on Monday, June 06 at 6:30 pm and on Wednesday, June 08 at 2:00 pm, will be hosted by the owner of Step Toward Health Michelle Price, RDN and CDE. This program focuses on the basic of nutrition, proper portions, balanced meals and healthy snacking.
- Other special summer reading events include:
- visits from the Bryan Fire Department on Thursday, June 23 at 1:00 pm
- Steve Franz of Franz Karate on Monday, July 18 at 1:00 pm.
- Paleontology Day on July 14 with a special program from 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Ninja Party on Monday, July 18 at 6:30 pm. Please sign up for the party by July 13.
- YMCA Fitness Program on July 21 at 1:00 pm.
There will be no programs on July 4 as all WCPL locations will be closed that day for the Independence Day holiday.
Please pick up a calendar of summer reading events at the Children’s Department of the library. For more information, call Vickie Zippay at 419-636-6734 extension 243.