MEETING ROOM USE
(Starting March 1, 2021 meeting rooms will be available to reserve for groups up to 5 people, due to COVID-19)
Meeting rooms are available at some Williams County Public Library locations. Use of these rooms is free to non-profit organizations. Rooms are available for a fee to for-profit groups or individuals.
• Requests for use of meeting rooms will be approved by a Library Manager or Coordinator or the Administrative Assistant.
• Reservations are required and a Meeting Room Agreement form must be filled out.
• Organizations may be required to verify non-profit status in order to qualify for free room use.
• Individuals or organizations may use library meeting rooms for private meetings or social events (birthday parties, wedding showers, reunions, etc.) for a fee of $25.00 per hour.
• Any action or event organized by a campaign committee or group designed specifically to promote or oppose a candidate or ballot issue is not permitted. Meetings at which candidates will discuss current election issues are permitted provided the event is hosted by a non-partisan, non-profit organization (i.e. League of Women Voters) and all candidates for the same office have been invited. Meetings held by a campaign committee or political party/group to plan a campaign or political activity are permissible. Also permissible are meetings held by elected officials to gather input or communicate with his/her constituents.
• Use of meeting rooms is available during the library’s public hours of service, unless outside access is available. Requests for use of meeting rooms during non-public hours may be made. A fee for library staff to be present and to secure the building/room and for janitorial services may be assessed. Some library locations have meeting rooms that have outside access and do not require a staff member to be present.
• Food and beverages are allowed in library meeting rooms with prior approval. Cleanup is the responsibility of the group holding the meeting. Kitchen facilities are available at some locations. No alcohol is permitted. No smoking is permitted.
• All groups must adhere to the regulations regarding the number of persons allowed to occupy a room at any given time.
• All meeting rooms must be returned to original setup and cleaned or a $25.00 fee will be assessed.
• Cancelled meetings require a minimum notice of one business day. Less notice may result in a fee of $25.00.
• Wi Fi and Internet Access is available at select locations during regular library hours
Rooms available for rental fee:
Local History Center Board Room
Local History Center Harmon Room
Local History Center Conference Room (Full Kitchen Facility)
Edgerton Branch Library Conference Room (Full Kitchen Facility)
Edon Branch Library Conference Room (Currently Unavailable)
Stryker Branch Library Conference Room (Currently Unavailable)
West Unity Branch Library Conference Room
Approved: April 19, 2010
Updated: June 18, 2018