Under the 1976 Copyright Act, libraries may provide limited copying services for their patrons. The following guidelines must be followed for the library to comply:
- The copied material, and a notice to that effect will be posted on all copy machines, containing the following information: “Notice: this material may be protected by copyright law.” (Title 17 U.S. Code)
- The material must become the property of the patron, and the library must have no notice that the material will be used for anything but “private study, scholarship, or research.”
- Materials may not be copied in large quantities nor should it substitute for subscription to or purchase of materials.
- Copies are fifteen cents ($.15) per side copied.
- The library will provide a coin operated self-service photocopier for patron use at the Main library. Staff assisted copiers will be available at all other locations of the library.
Approved: August 18, 2003